Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My attempt at a Sonnet

I catch myself doing it all the time.
As though it is some sick desire I have to satisfy.
I find it addicting and comforting.
It confuses me, as well as releasing me.
It is a space
that I fill with endless questions?
It is the mountain I climb.
I have to get over it before I start
something else.
My sick desire to turn on the screen
Open Microsoft
Word
And begin to type away my
Voice.


Hello Blog Friends
This is my first Sonnet
So tell me what you think

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your sonnet with us. I'm very intimidated by the though of composing my own sonnet, so you're execution of the task has given me encouragement to attempt it. I found the topic of your sonnet to be really original and I also really like how you made "Voice" stand alone because that's what it must do in order to be authentic and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very interesting, I think it's hard to create a sonnet because you need to notice on the rhyme and have to put your thinking into 14 lines. And like you said, you have to have your "Voice" and make it outstanding. But you made it! It's an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job on creating your own sonnet. I'm impressed by your originality. I really liked how you singled out the words "Word" and "voice" because that's really how it all starts. The words on the page of a document really gives you a place to get your "voice" out there!

    ReplyDelete