To me, English is something that determines everything. Everywhere one needs to read and write so sometimes it discourages me in other areas when I think I can't write or read as well. At the beginning of this year, I had a lot of goals I wanted to reach. Some of them include: bigger vocabulary, more variety in the way I write, and write clearly. Although I may not have reached all of those things, I did find out more about what I can do and how I should approach writing. Writing takes a lot of planning, and practice until one can write decently well in a timed setting, given so many times in my high school. I learned to take time in planning and brainstorming to put down anything I have on the paper. And when I have ideas coming, just writing them down in a train of thoughts will help me find something that'll fit to be a summing idea from all of them. Also, going to the writing center for my weekly appointment helped me learn a little about being more daring in what I want to write. In general, writing more helps lessen my fear of writing, somewhat.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Class Post III 4/29/10 Section G
For me, I think knowing how to play with words and sentences is such an art. I want to reach that level where I can interpret and understand inside and out of the language. It's different from biology or chemistry. There is something more emotional and related to human nature to know how to express and speak exactly how one wants than knowing how a human body works. I always thought about how English teachers are the most creative ones who really know something about life. I don't know why. I guess from what they've seen and read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment