Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Class Reflection

Hey Guys,
I was wondering what everybody in the class thought about the class overall. What was fun? What were the biggest challenges? What did you take from the class?
I enjoyed some of the discussions we had. However, to be honest, a few put me to sleep. My biggest challenge, other than getting up in the morning, was definitely the papers. I was never good at writing papers and must admit that I struggled in trying to finish them on time. Getting help was also new to me, though. However, asking for help was the best thing I could have done.
This class opened my eyes to different types of literature. I never liked poetry, but this class gave me the chance to give poetry a chance. Although the poems we read weren't exactly my favorites, I learned to close read and understand them. The same with short stories. Reading Atonement was also a big challenge. The first part was so boring (no offense) and hard for me to comprehend because I couldn't give it my full attention. Then, when we discussed it in class, I thought "Oh, now I get it!" Ironically, that was the easiest paper for me to write.
Overall, I enjoyed the class and what I got from it. Dr. Crowther was a great professor this semester.
What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment