Sunday, April 18, 2010
Paul Guest's Works and Challenges
I'm not sure if everyone had the opportunity to go to Paul Guest's poetry reading while he was on campus, but it certainly left me thinking about how fortunate I am, and how talented he is. While he read his poetry, there were moments where the audience was amazed at his ability to fit humor, sadness, and thankfulness into one poem. If you do not know, Paul Guest if confined to a wheel chair due to paralysis from the neck down. It astounded me that he was able to be so accomplished even with his disabilities. Even though I heard some of his works there, I chose to use one of his recent collections to do my paper and presentation on. I wanted to express the amount of enjoyment I find in reading his works. If you have the chance during the summer I highly recommend you pick up one of his books and take each poem to heart. I can't say much more, as it will be said in my presentation on Tuesday :) I can't wait to introduce the class to this intelligent and creative author.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment